To celebrate over 30 years of friendship with our Chinese twin town of Weihai and 20 years since the two towns were officially ‘twinned’, a trip to Weihai is being organised in the autumn of this year.
The visit will be led by the Mayor of Cheltenham and is open to anyone to participate in – local residents, educational and business reps.
- Dates : 16 – 24 October 2018
- BA flight to Beijing and onward to Weihai
- 4 nights (3 full days) in Weihai, with a programme arranged by the Municipality of Weihai
- Accommodation in a 3 / 4 star hotel in both Weihai and Beijing
- Bullet train journey from Weihai to Beijing. This is a 6 hour journey during the day time.
- 3 nights (2 full days) in Beijing with organised tours to the principal sightseeing places, including the Great Wall of China.
- BA return flight to UK
Anyone wishing to extend their trip and visit other places in China, would be put in touch with the travel agent to make their own onward arrangements from Beijing.
Cost : Approx £1,700 per person based on a twin share (approx. £230 single supplement)
- International return flight to Beijing with BA
- Transfers and transport in China to/from Weihai (flying one way, train the other)
- Hotel rooms for twin share in Beijing and Weihai, including breakfasts.
Excludes: Other meals; Insurance; Tips; Personal spending and tours in Beijing. There may also be some additional costs towards transport and the programme in Weihai.
If you would like to receive further details, please email the Twinning Officer .