To celebrate over 30 years of friendship with our Chinese twin town of Weihai and 20 years since the two towns were officially ‘twinned’, a trip to Weihai is being organised in the autumn of this year.
As Twinning Officer, I am currently working on the organisation of this visit, which we hope will be led by the Mayor of Cheltenham, and will be open to anyone to participate in – local residents, educational and business reps. I would welcome receiving expressions of interest from anyone who might be interested in joining the trip and receiving further detailed information.
Information to date:
- A 9 / 10 day trip during the second half of October 2018, (from 15 Oct onwards).
- BA flight to Beijing and onward to Weihai
- 4 nights (3 full days) in Weihai, with a programme arranged by the Municipality of Weihai
- Accommodation in a 3 / 4 star hotel in both Weihai and Beijing
- Bullet train journey from Weihai to Beijing. This is a 6 hour journey during the day time.
- 3 nights (2 full days) in Beijing with organised tours to the principal sightseeing places, including the Great Wall of China.
- BA return flight to UK
OR anyone wishing to extend their trip and visit other places in China, would be put in touch with the travel agent to make their own onward arrangements from Beijing.
Cost : Around £1,700 per person based on a twin share (approx. £230 single supplement)
Price is dependent on numbers, exact timing of trip, hotels selected etc, but does include:
- International return flight to Beijing with BA
- Transfers and transport in China to/from Weihai (flying one way, train the other)
- Hotel rooms for twin share in Beijing and Weihai, including breakfasts. (Some other meals may be included, still to be arranged)
- Tours in Beijing and a programme in Weihai (there may be some additional costs towards transport costs and the programme in Weihai – still to be arranged)
Excludes: Other meals; Insurance; Tips; Personal spending.
The trip is subject to a minimum of 10 people travelling together and at this stage the price and itinerary are all subject to change. If you would like to receive further details, please email the Twinning Officer by Friday 9 February 2018.